This online course is suitable for anyone working in a helping profession. There is no prerequisite required to take this Solution Focused Brief Therapy Training.
This course comes with 3 Hours of Continuing Education Credits and a Completion Certificate.
NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7200.
Course Content and Learning Objectives:
This course is made up of the following:
- 8 Videos covering the importance of the Preferred Future.
- The Preferred Future with a focus on clients who have experienced grief.
- The nuanced difference when you're asking Preferred Future questions when you're working with Couples.
- 3 Videos all about the Preferred Future description when you're working with Families.
- How to continue asking Preferred Future questions with clients we experience as being 'Negative'.
By the end of this course you will have:
- A clearer understanding of the importance of the Preferred Future in a session.
- An increased ability to ask your clients more meaningful Preferred Future questions.
- More confidence in using this approach with your clients.
- Gain more skills in using the Solution Focused approach with your clients.
Elliott Connie, MA, LPC is a Psychotherapist that practices in Arlington, Texas. He has worked with thousands of individuals, couples, and families applying the solution focused approach to help them move their lives from the current problems towards their desired futures. As well as being the Founder and President of The Solution Focused Universe, he is recognized around the world speaking at national and international conferences and events throughout the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, South Africa, Russia, Switzerland, England, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, Holland, Canada, and Asia training practitioners to apply solution focused questions and techniques in their work. He has authored or co-authored 4 books including “The Art of Solution Focused Therapy”, ‘Solution Building in Couples Therapy”, ‘The Solution Focused Marriage’, and ‘Solution-Focused Brief Therapy with Clients Managing Trauma’.
Dr Adam Froerer:
Adam Froerer, Ph.D., LMFT is the Director of Research and Training for the Solution Focused Universe (The SFU). Adam previously worked for 11 years as a university professor, teaching and training students to be marriage and family therapists and clinical psychologists. After leaving academia, Adam shifted his focus to teaching and training professionals from around the world on how to study and master SFBT. Adam has authored several peer-reviewed journal articles and is the first-editor of “Solution Focused Brief Therapy With Client’s Managing Trauma,” a book published by Oxford University Press.
Cecil Walker, MFT is a Solution Focused researcher and practitioner in Atlanta, Ga. He's spent years working with Adam Froerer on microanalysis and other SFBT research projects. He's presented research in the US, Canada, and Europe on SF topics and contributed to multiple publications on the approach including peer-reviewed articles and the book, Solution Focused Brief Therapy with Clients Managing Trauma.
He honed his clinical skills closely studying the transcripts of sessions conducted by experts such as Elliott Connie and Chris Iveson to fully understand what makes the approach work and how to execute it.
The Solution Focused Universe (The SFU)
Mail to: 4401 Little Rd. suite 550, PO Box 2032, Arlington, TX 76016, United States
Phone: (817) 602-1714